Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: April 13, 2020

Last Updated: April 13, 2020

CRA cannot enforce a tax debt that is more than 10 years old unless they have made collection efforts within that 10 year period, or the tax debtor has acknowledged the income taxes owing. You should never speak to a tax collections officer without professional income tax advice. Our Canadian income tax lawyers can advise you if the CRA debt is statute barred and uncollectible or can negotiate payment arrangements for you.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1