An Ottawa tax lawyer is an advocate on your behalf and can assist with representing you in complicated tax concerns, including CRA Tax Audits & Voluntary Disclosures. We know that it’s hard to be faced with an unexpected or even unclear tax situation
You might not even realize that there are planning opportunities available to you or how to create and structure those properly for your best interests. When you work with Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C., however, you don’t have to worry about lack of understanding of these complex issues. Our tax lawyers have been practicing in this field for some time and can help break down a notice you’ve received so that you know exactly what to expect going forward and how to avoid issues in the future.
What Is a Tax Lawyer and Why Do You Need It?
Whether you are looking to plan ahead to minimize your taxes or to address an ongoing tax audit or tax problem, you need the support of an Ottawa tax lawyer. Tax lawyers provide their clients with solicitor-client privilege where as the CRA can seize files of an accountant and/or their accounting firm
An Ottawa Tax Lawyer for Businesses
No business should be without the support provided from an attorney. Forming a relationship with such a lawyer now means that you have a place to turn to when a complicated and sensitive tax issue occurs. Your lawyer at Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C. will know your situation and be able to respond
Businesses require comprehensive tax planning from the outset of founding the company. Services provided by an Ottawa tax lawyer include:
- Tax reorganizations for shifting the structure of a company after the founding has occurred
- Business startup planning for advice and implications of various business structures chosen at the company's founding
- Tax consulting and planning to verify that the company as well as individuals understand various tax repercussions
- Tax problems and representation to advise on ongoing issues and to represent the business on your behalf
- Fighting the CRA and CRA audits when a great deal of documentation is required. Our Ottawa tax lawyers have ample experience working through the audit process and helping business owners.
- Tax minimization to verify that existing strategies or future strategies align with tax goals and benefit the business as much as possible
- Business agreements to walk you through how various business agreements can influence your taxes due
Ottawa Tax Lawyer for Individuals
Individuals can use tax planning with the help of an experienced Ottawa tax attorney to advise you on guarding against tax problems in the future or representing you when these arise. Services provided by talented Ottawa tax lawyers include:
- Estate tax, will and succession planning to align all of your existing tools and strategies with your lifelong goals
- Individual and family income tax planning to minimize your income tax obligations as much as possible
- Tax problems and CRA tax audits to represent you when you receive notice of an audit or are struggling to best defend yourself in this situation
- Tax shelters to help explain the various tax shelters available to you and how you can make them work for you
- Unreported off-shore assets/voluntary disclosure. Most All Canadians have a responsibility to report off-shore assets and off shore income and failing to do so could lead to consequences civil penalties and criminal prosecution.
- understanding the voluntary disclosure program and reporting off-shore assets and income for the first time or when they have not been reported before, is crucial
Why Hire Rotfleisch and Samulovitch P.C.?
Our tax law firm has a history of representing individuals and businesses in a variety of different tax situations. If you feel that your tax situation is complicated or that you could benefit from the insight of tax attorneys who have been providing holistic support to individuals and businesses across Ottawa for many years, contact our firm today to learn more
Rotfleisch and Samulovitch P.C. offers representation and services in Ottawa, our lawyers and staff are located in Toronto