An Edmonton tax lawyer is an important resource to be able to turn to when you have questions about aligning strategies with your tax goals or addressing tax problems. For a consultation with a lawyer who takes your individual circumstances and develops a custom plan based on that, contact our team of tax lawyers today
What Is a Tax Lawyer and Why Do You Need One?
An Edmonton tax lawyer is there to represent you in front of the CRA and to help prepare you for any ongoing tax issues and also to advise you about strategies, tips and various structures for businesses as well as individuals to consider in minimizing their tax liability. You need one because a tax lawyer serves in a different way than an accountant and can be extremely important for minimizing problems or stopping them from escalating any further
Unlike a tax accountant, tax lawyers provide solicitor-client privilege. This privilege lasts forever and is extremely hard for the CRA and other authorities to bypass
The sooner that you retain an Edmonton tax lawyer, the easier you will find it to handle a recent notice or tax problem. When looking to maximize your income and assets while staying compliant with tax regulations, a lawyer can provide an in-depth understanding of the issues not found anywhere else
An Edmonton Tax Lawyer for Businesses | CRA Tax Audit
Many different services are offered by our tax lawyers. These include:
- Business agreements including review of documents and understanding tax implications of these agreements
- Fighting the CRA and the CRA audits when you need to represent or defend yourself and need appropriate documentation in an organized fashion
- Tax minimization to discuss the various strategies that can be used to reduce your taxes
- Tax problems and representation to provide a swift and accurate response and avoid tax problems from going any further
- Business startup planning to discuss the various types of business startup structures you should consider when launching your company
- Tax reorganizations when you need to alter the structure of your company
- Voluntary disclosure (VDP) for uUnfiled taxes or unreported income to bring you back into tax compliance as soon as possible
Edmonton Tax Lawyer for Individuals
Individuals can also benefit from the services provided by knowledgeable Edmonton tax lawyers. At our office the following services are provided:
- Tax amnesty (voluntary disclosure program) for unreported offshore assets or income to help fill out past due paperwork and become compliant as soon as possible
- to avoid penalties
- Tax shelters, including the use of strategies that can minimize your tax obligations
- Tax problems and CRA tax audits when you have advanced and comprehensive concerns that can only be handled by a knowledgeable Edmonton tax lawyer
- Individual and family income tax planning to discuss whether your current strategies align with your individual needs and how these will reflect on you over the long term
No matter what services you need now or years in the future, you can rely on the awareness of our tax lawyers to inform you how changes in the law and your individual situation warrant additional planning opportunities
Why Hire Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.?
Our tax law firm, with representation in Edmonton, provides thorough and understanding support to individuals and businesses who are looking for short and long-term tax planning as well as mitigating current problems associated with tax-related issues.
We know that tax planning can generate anxiety and confusion for business owners and individuals trying to meet their filing and payment obligations while protecting their own best interests as well.
Our firm is a leader in the industry because of our many years of experience and broad understanding of different types of tax concerns.
Rotfleisch and Samulovitch P.C. offers representation and services in Edmonton, our lawyers and staff are located in Toronto