Whether you’re just approaching individual tax planning for the first time or are thinking about starting a business, the insight and knowledge provided by an attorney in Montreal on tax matters can assist you with outlining a plan that protects you now and years beyond.
What Is a Tax Lawyer and Why Do You Need One?
Even if you are not currently engaged in a problematic tax issue in which you must defend yourself, the services of an experienced Montreal tax lawyer can be beneficial. Our senior tax lawyer, David Rotfleisch, is a Montréal native. Montreal tax lawyers often take the approach of advanced planning with tax minimization and risk mitigation strategies while also being able to step in in emergency and crisis situations. Unlike a tax accountant, tax lawyers provide solicitor-client privilege. This privilege lasts forever and cannot generally be bypassed by the CRA and other authorities .
The experienced tax lawyers working with Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C. have served many different clients, assisting with everything from essential tax planning to addressing complex concerns with the CRA. You know you’re in good hands with a team that takes your tax issue as seriously as you do. We know how hard it can be to present a compelling case and we also recognize the importance of various filing materials, so we work hard to provide an organized approach to taxes.
A Montreal Tax Lawyer for Businesses
Individuals, as well as businesses, can benefit significantly from the insight and experience of knowledgeable Montreal tax lawyers. Many different services are provided to businesses by our tax expertise.
- Business agreements including comprehensive review of existing and future business agreements to understand the possible tax repercussions.
- CRA tax audits and fighting the CRA to assist you with a thorough and compelling defense in issues involving tax problems and tax appeals.
- Tax minimization to discuss various strategies and tools that can be implemented from the outset of the business to reduce tax liability.
- Tax reorganizations for businesses in which it makes sense to alter the structure of the company from what it previously was at the outset or that needs to be optimized as a result of acquisitions.
- Business startup tax planning to discuss the various roles and structures available to people and businesses today in Canada and how appropriate tax planning at the outset can help.
- Dealing with unfiled taxes or other tax noncompliance to ensure that a business remains in compliance and is caught up on overdue material through a VDP tax amnesty application.
Montreal Tax Lawyer for Individuals
Families and individuals can also make use of the extensive services provided by our tax law firm, including;
- Succession, tax, will and estate planning to align your individual estate planning tools with your tax minimization strategies.
- Voluntary disclosure unrecorded off-shore assets or income assistance to help with complicated filing requirements in Canada for those with offshore assets.
- Tax shelters to discuss various strategies available to you and how to leverage them effectively.
- Tax problems and CRA tax audits and indirect tax verification techniques such as net worth assessments to step in with a thorough defence, if and when CRA tax audit issues emerge.
- Individual and family income tax planning to discuss options and improvement strategies for your individual tax goals.
Why Hire Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.?
Our tax law firm, with representation in Montreal, has extensive experience representing individuals, families and business owners who are in need of assistance with developing strategies to minimize tax liability now and to address ongoing tax problems such as CRA audits and tax disputes including notices of objection or appeals to Tax Court.
You’ll have confidence and clarity about your tax plan when you’ve retained a team of lawyers who know common missteps and can remain a committed part of your planning strategy for many years to come.
Schedule a consultation with our top tax law firm today to learn more about how we can assist you.
Rotfleisch and Samulovitch P.C. offers representation and services in Montreal, our lawyers and staff are located in Toronto