A tax lawyer in Calgary is there to advise and assist you with many different types of questions you might have around the tax planning and addressing tax problems. Advanced planning is always recommended when it comes to managing complicated tax concerns. The insight of an experienced tax attorney can make you aware of strategies that are no longer suitable for your situation. Discovering new opportunities can ensure that your planning reflects your tax planning goals and overall needs.
What Is a Calgary Tax Lawyer and Why Do You Need One?
Both individuals and business owners can benefit from the services provided by a Calgary, tax attorney. A Calgary tax lawyer will advise you about foundational structures, strategies and tools you can use to limit tax problems as well as how to respond when a tax crisis, such as a tax audit, occurs. Unlike a tax accountant, tax lawyers provide solicitor-client privilege so while CRA can raid an accountant’s offices they cannot seize a tax lawyer’s files. This privilege lasts forever and cannot be challenged by the CRA and other authorities.
When you have an established relationship with a tax lawyer, it’s much easier to reach out and ask for help when a tax issue impacts you.
A Calgary Tax Lawyer for Businesses | CRA Tax Audit
The services offered by a knowledgeable Calgary tax lawyer for businesses at our top tax law firm include;
- Tax reorganizations when the structure of the business needs to be changed to provide tax efficiency
- Tax consulting and tax planning for a broad range of different types of needs and concerns for your organization
- Tax problems and tax representation when you need assistance handling complicated matters involving the CRA
- CRA tax audits and fighting the CRA both in terms of gathering the information to protect yourself in these cases and in responding to notices received
- Coping with unfiled tax returns or other tax noncompliance to bring you back up to speed with appropriate paperwork including filing a voluntary disclosure program application
- Business startup planning to verify the structure of your company and relevant tax implications
Calgary Tax Lawyer for Individuals | Individual Tax Planning
Individuals can also benefit from the insight provided by an experienced Calgary tax lawyer. The services provided by our experienced tax law firm include;
- Will, succession, estate and tax planning so that all of your plans align and are complementary to one another and your long-term goals
- CRA tax audits so that you can gather information and represent yourself effectively during any tax audit process including net worth tax assessments
- Unreported off-shore assets or offshore income and voluntary disclosure concerns to verify that relevant paperwork has been filed in a timely fashion or that past due paperwork has been reported to put your name in compliance to avoid civil penalties and criminal tax prosecution through the VDP tax amnesty process
- Tax shelters to discuss the various types of tools and strategies available to you to minimize your taxes and protect your assets
- Individual and family income tax planning so that you can discuss various considerations that could impact you at the individual or family level
- Tax problems. A tax problems lawyer is there to guide you through the process of getting help and responding to any notifications sooner rather than later so that you understand what to expect when you have complicated tax issues that need to be addressed immediately and to file a notice of objection or appeals to Tax Court when necessary
Why Hire Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.?
Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C. is known throughout this region of Canada for being thorough and dedicated tax attorneys for those planning to mitigate tax issues as well as those addressing ongoing tax issues. We know that you cannot make an educated decision about what to do next regarding tax planning or a tax crisis without the knowledge provided by our knowledgeable tax lawyers. We’re here to help you with all aspects of your Calgary tax needs.
Schedule a consultation with our team of experienced tax lawyers today.
Rotfleisch and Samulovitch P.C. offers representation and services in Calgary, our lawyers and staff are located in Toronto