Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: March 4, 2020

Last Updated: March 17, 2020

When making your calculations to determine your Canadian income tax deductions for RRSP contributions, remember that certain deductions, such as net losses from rental properties or employment-related expenses including union dues or traveling expenses will reduce your earned income which reduces your RRSP contribution limit for the following year. Also excluded from “earned income” are certain types of income including interest, dividends, capital gains, and most pension income.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1