Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: March 3, 2020

Last Updated: April 26, 2021

If you have not filed Canadian income tax returns for a number of years there is no reason to be worried about severe penalties. CRA (the Canadian income tax department) has a policy designed to encourage taxpayers to come forward and make a voluntary disclosure about unfilled tax returns, known as voluntary disclosure or tax amnesty. They will not charge any penalties, just the normal interest due. We are Toronto, Ontario, Canada income tax lawyers who have assisted numerous taxpayers with voluntary disclosures, and can assist in any Canadian province.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1