Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: March 3, 2020

Last Updated: July 19, 2021

Tax filing season is here. If you are worried about filing your Canadian personal income tax return because of unfiled returns in previous years, you may qualify for the Voluntary Disclosure Program (VDP) also called Tax Amnesty, which eliminates penalties and prosecution and may result in a discounted interest rate. It is important not to file the back income tax returns without making a VDP application, or you will be charged penalties and full interest.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1