Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: March 5, 2020

Last Updated: April 17, 2020

Self employed may be able to deduct moving expenses

If you are self employed and work out of your home and move to a new home more than 40 kilometres away, a recent Tax Court decision means that you may be able to deduct your moving expenses for Canadian income tax purposes in the same way as an employee who moves to take a new job or an employment transfer.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1