Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: March 3, 2020

Last Updated: October 21, 2022

Income from a foreign pension plan received while a resident of Canada is taxable in Canada irrespective of where it was earned. If you have failed to report such income you can avoid penalties & prosecution by making a voluntary disclosure (tax amnesty application).


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1

Income from a foreign pension plan is taxable in Canada
The T1135 Foreign-Reporting Exemption & Canadian Cryptocurrency-Trading Businesses & Canadian NFT-Trading Business: Are Canadian Cryptocurrency and NFT Traders Required to File a T1135 Form?
2021 Updates for T1134: Canadian Tax Lawyer's Perspective
2021 Updates for T1134: Canadian Tax Lawyer’s Perspective
Specified Foreign Property: Canadian Tax Lawyer's Guide
Specified Foreign Property: Canadian Tax Lawyer’s Guide
Foreign Pension Income Taxation – A Canadian Tax Lawyer Analysis
T1135 Simplified Reporting Method
Canadians required to report worldwide income from all sources
Form T1135 can
Canada – Switzerland Bank Information Exchange