Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: October 30, 2021

Last Updated: November 30, 2021

Canadian tax lawyer David Rotfleisch, founder and senior tax lawyer at Rotfleisch & Samulovitch PC shared his insights about the scary taxes for halloween. Treat buying taxpayers in four Canadian provinces — British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Quebec — have two different types of sales tax to pay on their Halloween candy.

“The first sales tax is the federal Goods and Services Tax or GST which will apply to all Halloween candy purchases. The second sales tax is provincial level sales tax known as provincial sales tax (“PST”) in British Columbia and Saskatchewan, Retail Sales Tax (“RST”) in Manitoba and Quebec Sales Tax (“QST”) in Quebec.”


Click the link to read the full article.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1