Questions? Call 416-367-4222

If moving expenses have been incurred by a student to move from school back home either for the summer or permanently, these expenses can generally be deducted for Canadian income tax purposes by the student against income earned at the moved-to location.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1