Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: March 12, 2020

Last Updated: July 19, 2021

Offshore income earned by a Canadian resident is fully taxable in Canada and must be reported for Canadian income tax purposes. Failure to do so is tax evasion. A voluntary disclosure can avoid penalties and prosecution.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1