Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: April 15, 2020

Last Updated: October 25, 2021

A private corporation that is going public should pay out certain Canadian income tax accounts, such as the Capital Dividend Account (CDA) and Refundable Dividend Tax on Hand (RDTOH) prior to the public issue since only private corporations can benefit from those accounts.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1

A Private Corporation that is Going Public Should Pay Out Certain Canadian Income Tax Accounts
Why File Tax Returns: Canadian Tax Lawyer's Guidance
Why File Tax Returns: Canadian Tax Lawyer’s Guidance
Clawback of OAS
A Canadian tax lawyer’s perspective on the functional currency election
There Could Be New Tax Rebates for Families
Change In Control Corporation
Tax refunds
Self Employed Tax Return Filing Deadline
Tax Planning for Lower tax rate for CCPC