Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: March 5, 2020

Last Updated: March 17, 2020

If you turn 71 this year you’ll have to decide what to do with your RRSP before the end of this year. If you wish to have some control over the investments, you should purchase a registered retirement income fund (RRIF). If you’d rather have a steady monthly income, consider purchasing an annuity.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1