Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: September 3, 2020

If you convert your home into a rental property there is a deemed disposition and a capital gain for Canadian income tax purposes unless you file an election under section 45(2) of the Income Tax Act.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1