Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: September 3, 2020

While appeals of a tax assessment are initiated in the Tax Court of Canada, some tax appeals, such as return of security for tax debt, should be launched in the Federal Court of Canada. An experienced Canadian tax lawyer will know the appropriate court in which to commence tax proceedings.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1