Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: April 10, 2020

Last Updated: April 10, 2020

Tuition fees deductible for Canadian income tax purposes include fees paid to attend a Canadian university or college; fees for courses taken to obtain or improve occupational skills at an institution approved by the Minister of Human Resources Development (if you’re 16 years or older); fees paid for full-time attendance at most universities outside of Canada if the course is more than 13 consecutive weeks long and leads to a degree; fees paid to post-secondary institutions in the United States if you lived in Canada near the border and commute to the university or college.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1