Questions? Call 416-367-4222

Published: April 10, 2020

Last Updated: August 4, 2020

Starting with the 2001 tax year, same sex couples can make spousal RRSP contributions for Canadian income tax purposes and can make tax free RRSP rollovers in the same way that opposite sex couples can.


"This article provides information of a general nature only. It is only current at the posting date. It is not updated and it may no longer be current. It does not provide legal advice nor can it or should it be relied upon. All tax situations are specific to their facts and will differ from the situations in the articles. If you have specific legal questions you should consult a lawyer."

Get your CRA tax issue solved

Address: Rotfleisch & Samulovitch P.C.
2822 Danforth Avenue Toronto, Ontario M4C 1M1